Friday, April 6, 2012

Thrifting Thursday


Once again Ohio's weather seems to be oh so very fickle...I am freezing to death. The cold did not stop Atomic Moxies hunt for Mid Century goodies. We had stopped having much luck in our local mid century hideout, but something made us make the trek nonetheless...and boy am I glad we did. I felt that I had made the find of the century...three pieces of Corning Ware Buffet Servers in MINT condition ( mint as in never had been used) These beauties were made in the 1960's---1964 to be precise. I had dreams of hosting chic dinner parties with fabulous vinyl playing in the background...but the male half of Atomic Moxie put his foot down; and I quote "We do not need anymore Mid Century serving pieces..we never entertain" and I pouting loudly did have to agree with him. So my lost fantasy can be your gain, the 3 piece set will be listed on Etsy tonight. But never fear I shall be playing Frank Sinatra in the background and I may very well eat a canape.

No comments:

Post a Comment